April 28, 2016
We understand that plastic surgery may not be for everybody. However, we also know that many, if not most of us, want to have better skin. While cosmetic procedures do seem to work miracles, there are a number of natural home remedies that you can do to improve the appearance of your skin. Try some today!
- Spot treatment with a little lemon: It’s incredibly tempting to pick at a blemish on your face, but really what you are doing is making it worse. The inflammation and soreness that results from a festering pimple end up looking worse than if you would have just left your skin alone. Also, your nails and other blemish treatment tools can seriously damage your skin, albeit on a level that may not be visible to the eye. Instead of squeezing your skin, squeeze some lemon juice and combine it with some water and yeast until it turns into a muddy paste. The lemon helps to dry out your skin while the yeast kills the bacteria from the blemish. Apply the paste with a clean finger to your blemish and cover with a bandage for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with water once complete.
- Salads to fight wrinkles: Antioxidants are the new “it” compound of many skin care products. Antioxidants help to increase your circulation and fight against sun damage to your skin. These antioxidants are naturally present in many foods, so why not combine a few of them into a salad that will brighten your skin and fight wrinkles? Combine equal parts blueberries, strawberries, orange or grapefruit juice, and pomegranate seeds with a kiwi or two and a handful of sliced or chopped walnuts.
- Lip scrub with coffee beans: Stop biting the dead skin off of your lips and start using this DIY lip scrub made from coffee. Your lips will thank you for it. Combine ½ teaspoon of lotion with ¼ teaspoon of coffee grounds and ¼ teaspoon salt. Massage the mixture into your lips and slough off the dead skin. Wipe the scrub from your lips with a warm and damp washcloth.
- Homemade coconut conditioner: Coconut is a popular ingredient in plenty of hair and skin products, and it smells like you’re on vacation in the tropics. Create your own homemade conditioner by combining ½ cup mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of coconut extract. You should apply the mixture to your wet hair from root to tip, then cover your head with a shower cap or plastic wrap. Leave the conditioner on for about 30 minutes and then rinse it out. The mayonnaise and coconut combination will leave your hair feeling hydrated and smooth – not to mention smelling great!
- Create a toner from basil leaves: Store-bought toner can be pretty pungent, but you know that you should be applying it daily before putting on your moisturizer. You can easily create your own homemade toner by crushing dried basil leaves into a cup of boiling water. When the water mixture cools, you can run it through a strainer in order to remove the basil leaves. Then, put the water into a spray bottle so that you can easily spray your skin directly, or spray the toner solution onto a cotton ball or cotton square to apply to your face and neck. This mixture is safe to use at least daily on your skin. The basil leaves serve to kill off bacteria that causes acne, and the water provides needed moisture to your skin.
- Anti-aging scrub with agave: We all know that tequila is made from agave, and drinking too much alcohol can wreak havoc on your skin. Now, use that agave for something good! Create a homemade exfoliating hand scrub that fights the age spots that we are prone to getting on our hands over time. Combine ½ cup cooked rice with equal parts agave nectar and lemon juice – about one tablespoon of each. Once the ingredients are blended together, apply the scrub to your hands and exfoliate gently for several minutes. The lemon may help to lighten the age spots while the agave serves as a hydration vehicle to your dry hands. The uncooked rice exfoliates dead skin cells away. The scrub can also be useful for exfoliating calluses on your hands or feet.
- Moisturizer made of avocado and honey: I cannot overstate the importance of using moisturizer at least once a day. Your skin needs moisture the way your body needs water. Now, you can make your own moisturizer at home with a little bit of honey and avocado. Place 3 tablespoons of cream, 1 tablespoon of honey, and ¼ avocado into a blender. Once it becomes smooth, smooth it onto your skin and relax for an hour. Rinse it off with lukewarm water, and your skin will feel smoother than ever.
- Facial scrub with sugar: You may fear that eating too much sugar causes you to breakout, but creating a facial scrub with sugar may be great for exfoliation and restoring a rejuvenated complexion. The grainy texture of the sugar makes a great scrub, and combined with almonds, you are sure to get a great exfoliator that leaves your skin smelling sweet and fresh. Combine 3 tablespoons of cream, 1 cup white sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, and ½ cup ground almonds. Add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and you’ve got yourself a facial scrub. Once the ingredients are sufficiently blended together, apply it to your face like any other scrub. Gently exfoliate in circular motions, and then rinse off with warm water. Give your face a splash of cold water when you’re done rinsing off the scrub, to quickly close your pores. You can refrigerate this scrub for use at a later date, and it should stay good for 1-2 weeks.
If you prefer to buy your products ready-made, we have an extensive line of skin care products to address all of your skin care needs. From exfoliating pads to sunscreen-tinted makeup, we have it all. Check out our Facial Products page to see
Dr. Amjadi MD, DDS, FACS
Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons
915 Gessner Rd #870
Houston, TX 77024
Recent blog posts
Just over a decade аgо, women аll оvеr the Unіtеd Stаtеѕ drеаmеd of hаvіng that "mоdеl"...Read more
Whеn іt соmеѕ to аgіng, mоѕt of uѕ wіll lооk іn thе mіrrоr аnd fіnd...Read more
Thе gоаl оf gynecomastia trеаtmеnt іѕ tо reduce brеаѕt size in mеn whо are embarrassed...Read more